30 Hours Per Week, Term Time Only (+ 4weeks during the holidays)
Grade 4, £20,691 -£25,900 per annum
Harborne Primary School,
Tel No. 0121 464 2705
Required as soon as possible.
Harborne Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. We ensure all candidates are properly police checked on appointment and that all staff will report concerns through our whistle-blowing policy.
Harborne Primary School is currently a three form entry school, now expanding year on year to a full four form entry by 2024.
We are seeking to appoint a Premises Manager who will have a professional manner and have the ability to build professional relationships with our staff, pupils, visitors and the community we serve.
This is a newly created role in our recently restructured Premises Team, implemented as a result of our forthcoming expansion across two sites, which will be within less than a mile radius. This is an exciting opportunity and the postholder will work along with the Head Teacher, Leadership Team and the Governors in the expansion project, including planning, preparation and securement of contracts, policies and statutory requirements relating to premises and health and safety.
The successful candidate will lead, and line manage, a team of four premises staff and will:
• Be a reliable, enthusiastic and hard-working “Team Player” who is flexible and positive in their approach
• Have the ability to work on their own initiative
• Have proven DIY/repair skills
• Have good communication and interactive skills
• Have good IT skills
Furthermore the postholder will be responsible for:-
• Ensuring janitorial and cleaning work, along with grounds maintenance work, is carried out efficiently, effectively and to a high standard
• The school adhering to Health and Safety regulations within a school premises setting
• Ensuring any contracts required and agreed are in line with local authority guidelines
• Managing any external lettings the school has
• Reporting to the Governors on Premises matters as and when required
• Any other duties which are commensurate within the grade.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
It is important that the postholder has the ability to promote the safeguarding and welfare of the children in their responsibility and ensure that all tasks are carried out with regard to health and safety.
Informal visits can be arranged with the school.
Further information, including application form, are available on the school website:
Closing date: 12 noon on 26th November 2018
Please send completed application forms to the above email address or to the school.